With the rise of home automation and connected home technology, it’s hard to keep track of all the different systems on offer. One of the biggest players in this space is Savant and Control4. But what are they? How are they different? Which one is right for you? We’ve spent a long time reviewing these two home automation systems and come up with a list of 8 ways Savant and Control4 are different
Savant and Control4 are two of the biggest names in home automation, but they provide very different solutions. In this article you’ll learn all about their respective pros, cons and specialties so you can make an informed decision about which smart home solution is right for you.
Savant and Control4: A Head-to-Head Comparison
We’ve spent a lot of time testing and reviewing both Savant and Control4 systems. Here are the key ways in which we think they differ:
1. Savant vs Control4: Differences in the Hardware
One of the first things you’ll notice about Savant and Control4 is that they use different hardware. Savant uses Apple TV as its central processing unit while Control4 relies on dedicated Control4 controllers.
2. Savant vs Control4: Differences in the Operating System
Savant’s system is built on iOS while Control4’s system is based on Linux. This gives Savant an advantage when it comes to updates and new features as Apple rolls out iOS updates much faster than Control4 can release new versions of its operating system.
3. Savant vs Control4: Differences in the User Interface
The user interface is one of the most important aspects of any home automation system. Savant’s user interface is designed to be used with an iPhone or iPad while Control4’s user interface can be controlled via a touchscreen, remote control, or smartphone app.
4. Savant vs Control4: Differences in the Installation
Savant systems are designed to be installed by professional integrators while Control4 systems can be installed by anyone with a basic understanding of home networking.
5. Savant vs Control4: Differences in the Pricing
How much does a Savant system cost?
The answer to this question depends on the scope of your project. Savant systems start at $2,500 for a basic starter kit but can cost upwards of $30,000 for a fully-loaded system. It all depends on the size of your home and the complexity of your project.
How much does a Control4 system cost?
A Control4 system will cost you a minimum of $1,500 for the basic starter kit. However, you can expect to pay upwards of $10,000 for a fully-loaded system.
Savant systems are more expensive than Control4 systems, but they also offer more features and higher quality hardware.
6. Savant vs Control4: Differences in the Supported Protocols
Savant systems support ZigBee, Z-Wave, and Insteon while Control4 systems only support ZigBee and Z-Wave.
7. Savant vs Control4: Differences in Support
Both Savant and Control4 offer excellent support, but they go about it in different ways. Savant offers customer support directly while Control4 relies on a network of certified dealers and integrators.
8. Savant vs. Control4: The Apps
The apps offered by Savant and Control4 are both well designed and offer a great user experience. However, Savant’s app has the advantage when it comes to features and functionality. For example, the Savant app can be used to control multiple homes while the Control4 app is limited to controlling one home at a time.
Savant vs Control4: Additional Features and Benefits of Each System
Savant and Control4 both offer homeowners a wide range of features and benefits. Here’s a quick look at some of the key features and benefits of these two popular home automation systems:
– Smart Home Control: Savant offers homeowners the ability to control their home’s lighting, climate, security, and energy usage from a single app.
– Home Theater Control: Savant’s home theater control features allow users to easily manage their TV, audio, and video content from a single platform.
– Customizable System: Savant’s home automation system is highly customizable, allowing users to tailor the system to their specific needs and preferences.
– Scalable System: Savant’s system is designed to grow with your needs, meaning you can add new features and devices as your needs change.
– System Integration: Control4’s home automation system integrates with a wide range of third-party devices and systems, making it easy to create a custom solution for your home.
– Personalized Experience: Control4’s system offers a personalized experience, allowing users to create custom settings and scenes that fit their unique lifestyle.
– Remote Access: Control4’s system can be controlled remotely, meaning you can manage your home’s lighting, climate, security, and energy usage even when you’re away.
– Scalable System: Like Savant, Control4’s system is designed to be scalable, so you can add new features and devices as your needs change.
Conclusion – What Is the Best Home Automation System?
Choosing between Savant and Control4 comes down to personal preference. Both systems offer a wide range of features and benefits that can make your life easier.
So, which one is right for you? It really depends on your needs and budget. If you’re looking for a highly customizable system, Savant may be the better option. However, if you’re looking for a system that’s easy to integrate with other devices and systems, Control4 may be the better choice. Ultimately, the decision is up to you.
If you are looking for similar content, please check out our other related articles: